02. Summons Of Shining Ruins – Wrath [Analogpath]
03. Ernst Karel – Dallenwil—Wiesenberg [Gruenrekorder]
04. Kreng – La Poule Noire [Miasmah]
05. Colin Stetson – Fear Of The Unknown And The Blazing Sun [Constellation]
06. Æthenor – Vivarium [VHF Records]
07. Mike Shiflet – Blessed And Oppressed [Type]
08. Roly Porter – Corrin [Subtext]
09. Illusion Of Safety – Enemy [Digitalis Limited]
10. John Wiese – Scorpion Immobilization Sleeve [PAN]
11. Lawrence English [Experimedia]
12. Laurel Halo – Heuristic Gag Factor [NNA Tapes]
13. Leyland Kirby – The Arrow Of Time [History Always Favours The Winners]
In 2011 rising communication in social networks and emergence of new active blogs and music pages gave many opportunities to deserving new artists and musical projects to shine. We hope that 2012 will bring more innovations into music production and that there will be more authenticity in artists’ soundings.
After analyzing and valuing over 100 noticeable albums, we decided to present 13 albums which go in line with our conception. While more attention was paid on music roots and works where field recordings, classical motives and static atmospheres are in dominance, we also selected works which sounds different as a result of unique electronic modulations.
The owner of a journal Justinas Mikulskis assembled and mixed 13 works which were taken from each album. We hope that this compilation will help to remember and review 2011 years by sounds.
13 Memorable 2011 Records in no particular order:
Kreng – Grimoire released by Miasmah
Illusion Of Safety – Busier Than Happier released by Digitalis Limited
Leyland Kirby – Eager To Tear Apart The Stars released by History Always Favours The Winners
Z’EV – The Deep Path released by Seven Solar Metals
Ernst Karel – Swiss Mountain Transport Systems released by Gruenrekorder
John Wiese – Seven Of Wands released by PAN
Summons Of Shining Ruins – The Deadly Sins released by Analogpath
We also wanted to thank everyone who agreed to collaborate with us in 2011 and who will agree to do this in 2012 because we do believe that namely collaboration is the key into cultural promotion and growth of an interest in academic music all over the world.