01. Steve Roden – Winter’s Couplet – from Winter Couplet (New Plastic Music)
02. Simon Scott – Silenne – from Silenne (Slaapwel)
03. Akira Rabelais – Et dans tout ce qu’il boit et dans tout qu’il mange – from Bénédiction, Draw (Orthlong Musork)
04. Brian Eno – Neroli – from Neroli (Hannibal Records)
05. Steinbrüchel – N-Variations-03 – from Narrow (Room 40)
06. Nicola Ratti – Doom Set – from 220 Tones (Die Schachtel)
07. Jim O’Rourke – Track Three – from jim:computer:hotel (Chicago – Ystad)
08. Robert Turman – Flux 2 – from Flux (Spectrum Spools)
“Secret Thirteen Mix 020” is a breezily drifting gentle musical compilation which fuses highly remarkable compositions into one elapsing sentimental episode of life.
The author of the mix is Rutger Zuydervelt (born 1978), known as Machinefabriek, Dutch sound artist, music performer and designer who lives and works in Rotterdam. Machinefabriek’s music fuses motives of ambient, modern classics, drone, noise and field recordings to create a cinematic ambience. Active since 2004 Rutger has released an enviable amount of records (more than 50) on such labels as Type, 12K, Mort Aux Vaches, Dekorder, Digitalis, Staalplaat, Sonic Pieces and many others. He shares a stage and collaborates (on record or live) with other big figures like Stephen Vitiello, Peter Broderick, Ralph Steinbrüchel, Gareth Davis, Aaron Martin, Frans de Waard, Wouter van Veldhoven, Simon Nabatov, Xela, Simon Scott, Gareth Hardwick and Tim Catlin amongst the others. Rutger also works with several visual artists. He created music for dance pieces, films, video installations and sculptures. These cross-disciplinary collaborations are priority that Machinefabriek will focus on more actively.
“Secret Thirteen Mix 020” is a sedative musical selection that consists of 8 lethargic compositions. The basis stands on the roomy atmospheres that float below the blurred melodies textures. The respectable artists such as Brian Eno, Jim O’Rourke, Steve Roden records included in the mix not even strengthens all excellent quality, but also shows Rutger’s musical influences. The calmness and meditative sense in sound tones are the top priority. With a deliberate and tranquil mixing all compositions are played fully and completely reveal their beauty.
“Secret Thirteen Mix 020” is like an impressionistic Claude Monet painting “Reflections of Clouds on the Water-Lily Pond” where abyssal depth and shimmering sky intersection create a marvelous rippling surface of forgotten memories and ethereal tranquility.