The author of the mix is Pedro Peñas y Robles (b. 1968), known as HIV+ (Harsh Industrial Virus Positive), a Franco-spanish artist, DJ and musician based in Murcia, Spain. Pedro’s musical path to frozen and somber sound began in France. He has been exploring wider regions of Industrial and EBM music since the late 1980s. For over than a decade Pedro was DJing in various underground Dark/Gothic events in Southern France and consolidated his career at Trolleybus of Marseille in 1993 with the fetish-industrial festivals titled Armageddon. He has performed as a musician in various industrial festivals (l'Usine/CH, Infest/UK, Nocturna/ES, Noxious Art Festival/FR and others) and many countries (Spain, Belgium, UK, Mexico, USA & Canada, Chile). Moreover, Pedro has organized and co-organized over 100 Electro-Dark events and concerts featuring performances by Dive, Das Ich, The Hacker, Les Tétines Noires, Mlada Fronta, Mimetic, Stefan Alt and many more.
Right-click and save a copy of HIV+ mix
Pedro’s first rhythmic noise record “Hypnoise Movement” was released on Divine Comedy Records in the early 2000s. Later on he has produced numerous of industrial, dark and penetrating records for such labels as Signifier, Black Flames Records and D.C. Moreover, from 2000 to 2011 he has remixed music by such legendary musicians as Nitzer Ebb, Hocico, Sonar, Morbid Angel and others. Pedro also is part of Fluxus group, a collaborative project between him and Mauri, and is also participating in Adán & Ilse project together with Michel Lecamp. He was recently involved into a new noise project H.U.H. too. In 2013 he has founded Unknown Pleasures Records and that is “the answer to the lifelessness and mediocrity of the current music scene”, dedicated to various synth music.
With numerous compilations made in the past, Pedro is here to present his latest view to the depths of the underground music scene with his exclusive mix for Secret Thirteen.
“Secret Thirteen Mix 124” is a rhythmical and noirish audio selection, which was recorded at HIV+’s own home studio using mainly vinyls. Pedro’s thoughtful and playful mixing of the tracks and perfectly maintained overall sound mood clearly show his mature musical knowledge and skillfulness. Pedro has selected music from the new and forthcoming releases on his Unknown Pleasures Records, and other dark gems mostly released in the recent years. Durable works by such respectable artists as Haus Arafna, The KVB, Black Lung, Herz Jühning should leave no indifferent. Please, open your black-hearted soul for this exceptional beauty.
- Show Playlist
- 00. HIV+ - Hertz-Hell In Abstract Radio [2002 Divine Comedy Records]
01. Hausfrau - Black Is The Colour Of My True Loves Hair [2014 Unknown Pleasures Records]
02. Propergol - Impossible Landing [2012 Tesco Organisation]
03. Black Lung - The Prophet Margin [2014 Ant-Zen]
04. Herz Jühning - To The Stars [2014 Galakthorrö]
05. Philipp Munch - Overcoming Obstacles [2014 Ant-Zen]
06. Linox - Es ist mein Eigentum [2014 SkullLine]
07. Le Syndicat Electronique - Close To You [2003 Cabinett]
08. Fluxus - Alzheimer (Shorai Remix v1) [2014 Unknown Pleasures Records]
09. Tuxedomoon - Laboratory Parts 1 & 2 [1991 Cramboy]
10. Cabaret Voltaire - Seconds Too Late [1980 Rough Trade]
11. Black Egg feat. Hausfrau - Dream Baby Dream [2014 Unknown Pleasures Records]
12. Haus Arafna - Colony Collapse [A Sign For You] [2010 Galakthorrö]
13. Mondkopf - Cause & Cure [2014 In Paradisum]
14. In Death It Ends - Element [2013 aufnahme + wiedergabe]
15. The Kvb - Shadows [2013 Cititrax]
16. Ministry - I'm falling [1981 Wax Trax!]
17. Das Kabinette - The Cabinet [2008 Minimal Wave]
18. Adán & Ilse - By The Way (Növö remix) [2014 Unknown Pleasures Records]
More about HIV+: Website - Discogs - Soundcloud - Facebook
Thank you for a great new mix from HIV+! It really shook me up!
New design looks simple and comfortable. Great job!
Keep up the good work, do not get pretentious to much and stay simple, ground shaking and deliverable.