A diverse 2-hour mix by Andrea Parker weaving 51 original records from musique concrète to hip-hop into one complex wholeness.
“Secret Thirteen Mix 060” is a diverse and refined 2-hour music compilation weaving 51 original records into one sustained complex wholeness. Accurately mixed works by influential talents such as Coil, Gescom, Nine Inch Nails, Lustmord, Photek, Autechre and others form a subtly contrasting evocative soundscape. Personal creations and releases from managed label included in this mix strengthen the whole recording with brilliant individuality.
The author of the mix is Andrea Parker (b. 1971), a British electronic music producer, record label proprietor and DJ from Yalding, Kent. Active since 1993, Parker has released numerous of records on labels such as Quatermass, Mo' Wax and others. After the separation from Mo' Wax, in 2002 Parker formed the Touchin' Bass imprint and started releasing personal production as well as the works of other talented artists. She is obsessed with classic analogue synthesizers and drum machines and her sound presents some proper rhythmical and melodic constructions. It is important to mention that she has done remixes for such honorable musicians as Steve Reich, Phillip Glass, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Daphne Oram, Depeche Mode and many others. In 2009 Parker launched her new, more experimental label aperture. By following her mixes on K7's DJ Kicks series or Nobody's Perfect trilogy we should expect only high-quality and kaleidoscopic music that is beyond time and stylistic frames.
“Secret Thirteen Mix 060” is a dynamic audio selection, smoothly growing and expanding in idealogical and emotional perspectives. The basis of the mix stands on the frequently shifting architectural rhythms, immense darker ambiance and picturesque melodies arrangement. Thoughtful and careful mixing of Parker breaks the boundaries between music genres, sound intension and different moods. It is hard to concretise each part of the mix as music gradually varies among the different times, subcultures, instrumentation and concepts. The whole selection is just a masterpiece which goes in circles and every time lets us find something new and yet unnoticed. Collisions among IDM, hip-hop, ambient, musique concrète and experimental are only a few examples of what awaits inside this unpredictable mixtape.
“Secret Thirteen Mix 060” is like a symbolistic Pablo Picasso abstract lithograph “Femme au fauteuil no. 4” where raw expressionism, inspired by tribal art, creates a multifunctional interpretation possibility. It could start from the nobility, mystery and continue with science fiction, analysis of women's rights till the subtle confusion and strange subconsciousness insights. All this figurative imagery gracefully reflects Parker's emphatic mix that expresses versatility, dexterity, distinctiveness and impression. There is no doubt that Parker's favourite records crafted in this mix uncover her social maturity, strong character attributes, musical sophistication and experience.
- Reveal Playlist
- 01. Andrea Parker & Daz Quayle - Women’s Hour
02. Reload - Rota Link
03. Metaxu, Maurizio Martusciello, Filippo Paolini - 07121941 Pearl Harbour
04. Deathprod - Treetop Drive Part 1
05. Bernard Parmegiani - Ondes Croisées
06. Cyclobe - Big Animal
07. COIL - Red Queen
08. Scorn - Check The Sonic
09. Evac - Edit
10. Cannibal Ox - Ox Out The Cage
11. El-P - The Full Retard
12. Phonem - 03b1
13. Nurse With Wound - The Self Sufficient Sexual Shoe
14. White Noise - Love Without Sound
15. Ten and Tracer - Doving Fluttercotes (Plaster remix)
16. Moloko - Killa Bunnies
17. Ontayso - Untitled (Alejandra And Underwood remix)
18. Morton Subotnick - The Wild Bull Part A
19. Michael Andrews - Manipulated Living
20. Adam F - Last Dayz (feat. Pharoahe Monch)
21. Gescom - Keynell 04
22. Beastie Boys - Paul Revere
23. Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
24. Pauline Oliveros - Big Mother Is Watching You
25. Oberman Knocks - Dilankex
26. Photek - Halogen
27. Aceyalone - Contents
28. This Mortal Coil - I Am The Cosmos
29. Shinjuku Thief - Carnality (After Medea)
30. Darrin Verhagen - Fourteen Layers Of Deceit (Surveillance)
31. Survival Research Laboratories - March 28, 1997: Austin, TX
32. Depeche Mode - Something To Do (Metal Mix)
33. Lustmord - A.T.M.O.M.
34. Maurizio Bianchi and Land Use - Neurotropismo
35. Burning Spear - Jah No Dead
36. Clara Rockmore - Pastorale
37. Autechre - Weissensee Against Im Glüeck
38. Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain
39. El Santo, Otto Von Schirach - Allahkazam
40. Lalo Schifrin - Torture Sequence/Prison Talk Sequence
41. Scott Walker - Clara
42. Angelo Badalamenti - Mulholland Drive
43. Einóma - A Floti
44. Gil Mellé - The Piedmont Elegy
45. Andrea Parker & Daz Quayle - Trepidation
46. Siouxsie & The Banshees - Tattoo
47. Lull - Hung
48. B.G. - Cash Money Is An Army
49. Andrea Parker & Daz Quayle - Now And Always Here
50. Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions - Feeling Of Gaze
51. ELpH vs. Coil - Ended
Now *this* mix IS what IT IS to DJ. Wonderful affective mix. Thank you very very much AP and S13, for sharing.
Love what you did with Love Without Sound - I've forwarded this mix to David Vorhaus.
wow! a great mix evocative and lovely
Pingback: Chra - Secret Thirteen Mx 169 | Secret Thirteen